Sunday, January 11, 2015

Our 'Would-Have-Been' Birth Announcement Video



When we finally confirmed that we were pregnant with our second baby, we began looking for inspirations for ways to document the pregnancy. We decided to make a stop-motion and make it look like a time-lapse video. We planned to take a photo a day (which didn't happen) and planned to use it to announce the birth once the baby comes (which didn't happen either). I originally planned to end the video with us still at the hospital, with the newborn baby by then, of course, and I would finish editing the video while we're still at the hospital so we could post it asap. Easier said than done. Needless to say, that didn't happen either. We kind of just went ahead and started the project without really planning or making a script so everything was just kind of spontaneous and we did whatever came into mind. But then we couldn't commit to taking a photo a day, or even weekly. Or even monthly, to be honest. We forgot most of the time, and when we actually remember, we got lazy. And then there were the sick days. (Excuses lol!) Which is why the video didn't come out as 'fluid' as I hoped. And I totally forgot my original plan to end the video at the hospital too. Nevertheless, I still love how the video turned out. 

And when the baby finally came, we couldn't wait to announce her arrival. I managed to hold off announcing it in Facebook and told our immediate families only (And if you know me, you'd know that it did take me a lot of control to not post it ASAP on FB lol!). The husband, on the other hand, really couldn't contain his excitement and wanted to tell everybody about the arrival of her precious little girl and kept asking me if he could post it in Facebook. (Have to give it to him for being thoughtful and that he thinks he needs my permission for that... Well because he knows I have a flair for drama and he knows better than to be my buzzkill lol!) But I gave in eventually, because like him, I couldn't really wait either to let everybody know we already have in our arms the latest addition to the fam-bam. So when I finally gave in and let him post on FB, he immediately took a selfie with our newborn baby love (which also  happens to be after he got all emotional while staring at our newborn baby girl). 

And this is what he posted to his FB account.

Notice how he is a little teary-eyed here?

Of course I had to jump in the action too...! And here's what I posted to my Instagram account.

If you know me and how I am, it's a little anti-climactic
and less dramatic for my taste lol!

And here's the would-have-been birth announcement video my husband and I made. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Ate your video clip is adorable! =) enjoyed watching it! =)

    ReplyDelete