Friday, August 19, 2011

"To Blog Everyday"

Just yesterday I promised "to blog everyday" even when no one really follows and reads my blog, aside from a few peeps I force like the husband. ☺ (and a friend who says she does, thank you Chri...!). And so I'm keeping my promise and here I am again, blogging the night away...☺ My promise to who? To my self, actually. It helps me maintain that connection with myself, and keep and save memories as well. 

Yesterday, I meant to post a photo of Roand while we were having cheese turon (that my Aunt, Roand's Mimi Joyce made) for late afternoon merienda. And here they are...^^ 

This merienda is just perfect for us, why?
Because I love cheese, and Roand likes bananas.

Cheese turon is one of my favorites. Anything with cheese would always be one of my favorites. And you know what made this cheese turon extra special? Sharing it with Roand, that's what...!♥ I had coffee and Roand had his current favorite yogurt drink, Dutch Mill. Mimi Joyce would always buy him some. Roand really likes them.. ;)

Taken later on that night while watching tv. I got him to smile yey!

Today, we went to the airport to fetch Mommy Debbie, my aunt, who's arriving from Manila. Here is me, about to go out of the house, not liking the humid weather at all, which is giving me worse hair days.


When we got to the airport and to the waiting area, I saw something that made me shake my head in disappointment. Not just some thing actually, a lot of things really. Empty bottles, empty buko juice caps, plastics and wrappers were all over the place. I wish people would be more responsible with their garbage. Especially in public places. It's really such an eyesore.


Well Roand was probably thinking the same thing. Although I'm guessing he was more amused than concerned..  He was kicking them around, and sort of piled them in one place and I "helped" him. Then he grew tired of our "game" and checked out the toys an old man was selling there with Ate Athena.

And then he went crazy with the "monkey bars."




From the airport, I went to Video City to rent some cds. I got, Arthur and Just Go With It - as suggested by the husband, (which gave me an idea to have a movie marathon - long distance style, lol), Gnomeo and Juliet  for Roand, In the Name of Love for the mother, and Disney Princesses Stories for Athena. I liked all of them except for the last one, which I didn't watch, but the biggest surprise was, In the Name of Love. It was a really great movie, and I was wondering how come I never heard about it before. But it was probably because we're solid kapusos in the house. My brother suggested that I let Nanay watch it, with the 'agenda' of making her "cry." Really, we have a knack for showing movies to her that is sure to make her cry. She knows that and is used to that.. Anyways, she did cry... I sort of missed the brother that moment because if he was around, we'd sure be making high fives. And in between sobs, Nanay would go "Tse, kung anu-ano kase pinapanood niyo saken!"  or something like that. When in reality, Ajo and I are trying to stifle a sniff  too. We all end up teary-eyed and laughing, over the movie, and over our silliness. ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment