Sunday, November 16, 2014

What's Inside Your Tummy, Mommy?

I stumbled upon this book, "What's Inside Your Tummy, Mommy?" by Abby Cocovini while browsing for books for Roand at the library and I grabbed it right away with a photo op in mind. I wished I had found it sooner though so I would've done a monthly photo with it. Roand never actually asked me this question though. And if he did, this book would've been a great help. I think it's because I have showed him a lot of times photos of me when I was pregnant with him. I do remember him asking, "Where do babies come from Nanay?" Yes, the dreaded question. But I was prepared with an answer for that, I simply said, "From Papa God." But then he had a follow up question, "How Nanay?" To that I said, "Well, we prayed for a baby and Papa God gave you to us." Again he said, "But how Nanay?" I thought for a moment and tried my best to answer it, "Well, to have a baby, you need love. So Papa God took 'love' from Tatay and 'love' from Nanay, and put them together and made a baby and Papa God placed you inside my tummy." To that he said "Oh, I get it now." I'm not sure he did, but I'm glad he stopped asking questions because I was running out of answers. 

When we broke the news to him, I can't really tell what his reaction was. I'm not entirely sure he understood what we just told him and if he had any idea what's gonna happen once the baby comes out. But I could tell he was okay with it. And the more we talked about it, I can sense his excitement to have a little sibling soon. And when we asked him if he wanted a baby brother or a baby sister, he said "A baby sister!" And it looks like he got his wish. He also keeps telling us he wanted twins or triplets even. I told him it wasn't that easy. But he made it clear, he wants one more girl, and one more boy so there will be 2 boys and 2 girls in the family. My husband and I wants a big family too actually but I guess two should be enough. At least for now. Who knows, Roand might get his wish again. 


















PS. Thank you husband for putting up with me while taking these pictures...! I know I'm no fun to work with but you still managed to keep your cool. Good job Tatay! Mpwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment