Friday, February 13, 2015

Update on My School Boy

Since I've been slacking on blogging, I will just put everything in one post now that I have the time...Uhmm, no I lied. I really don't have time. I have two huge piles of clothes waiting to be folded next to me... but anyway... On with the blogging. :)

With all the excitement over the newest addition to the fam-bam, I can't believe I missed on sharing Roand's achievements at school. I'm one proud mother so yes, I feel bad if I don't get to share anything special going on with my kids. (Wow...! Did I just say kidSSS?!!)

First off, Roand was awarded Student of the Month last December 19th, 2014 and I didn't even know until I went over his stuff from school. But I do remember that he was telling me that he was Student of the Month, but I thought he was still telling me about how he was Superstar of the Week. I know, I know... Student - superstar.. Month - week, huge difference..! I guess I was half-listening that time... Sorry babe! You do know I am proud of you right?



Speaking of being Superstar of the Week, after that little stint I pulled off during the Parent-Teacher conference, Roand was chosen to be the Superstar of the Week. Usually, a student is chosen randomly, but Roand was specifically chosen to go next. Being Superstar of the Week means you get to be the star of the class for a week and the whole class gets to know you better. The student that gets picked gets to bring home Bella the Bulldog and play with her and tells all about it on Bella's travel journal.


The student must also complete the get-to-know-me poster.


And then last January 26th, 2015, Roand's class celebrated their 100th day of school by making a hat made of ten strips with ten stamps on each strip and a necklace made of 100 pieces of cereal. And they get to practice counting too. So cool!







At home, we've been practicing counting to 100 and if he was able to do it without any mistake, then he's allowed to use his tablet. I guess it paid off because weeks ago he told me he was "on the tippy-tippy-top of the tree" because he can count up to 30 and made it to 100 too. 



And just today, I got to talk to Mrs. Barth and she told me about Roand being the class leader. She said that Roand is good at listening and following instructions and so sometimes she would ask his classmates to follow what Roand is doing. Good job babe! Now if only he would do the same thing at home, I definitely would be the happiest mom..!

No comments:

Post a Comment